Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
Does right and wrong, good and bad matter?
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Taking Antibiotics 8 years 11 months ago #1202

• neelima
  • neelima's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Will taking antibiotics be a Nishidha karma as we will be killing the bacteria?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Taking Antibiotics 8 years 11 months ago #1204

@Neelima

You are having too much terms :)

Nishidha karma means in simple terms "Prohibited actions". So your question is taking Antibiotics is a prohibited actions or not?

Before going to the answer I would like to share one my experience which I'm having after I started a practice few months back.

Below is a brief about the practice.
I avoided cleansing my internal body by drinking lot of water or castor oil cleansing. But at the same time I'm aware of what I eat and started to listen to the body.

It is a simple logic "You can clean only when there is dirt", if there is no dirt then why should the cleaning action need to take place, it will be a waste of energy.

Whenever the body says it is hungry, I eat and then drink water when the body feels thirsty. I'm not giving anything unless the body asks for. I also started eating more raw foods (Fruits, vegetables etc). It was amazing to see the body's actual need of food is much less and water intake has come down so much, because the body gets it water from all the raw fruits and vegetables.

Whenever I know I'm eating junk I do the cleansing process to take the junk out of the system. Here drinking water or castor oil cleansing is like taking antibiotic to take the unwanted things off the system.

I remember a friend of mine telling this few years back. "A WEED IS A FLOWER WHICH GROWS IN THE WRONG PLACE". Like this a bacteria or virus is a flower but it should be in the place it was suppose to be, if it enters the system then it is termed as weed and need to be cleansed to save the field.

So coming back to your question, How does these unwanted bacteria or virus enters in our body? Obviously the reason is ourselves, we expose ourselves to unwanted things. So when the unwanted things goes inside then it need to come out, else the system is going to suffer.

This antibiotic has no personal animosity towards virus or bacteria. As far as the virus or bacteria stays in their relevant places, then the antibiotic doesn't need to come in the picture.

So taking anti bioti is not "Nishidha karma" BUT taking virus/bacteria (giving unwanted things for the body) is "Nishidha karma"

Last edit: by muthuksundaram.

Taking Antibiotics 8 years 11 months ago #1205

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Muthu

Okay...

This antibiotic has no personal animosity towards virus or bacteria. As far as the virus or bacteria stays in their relevant places, then the antibiotic doesn't need to come in the picture.

But here it is our intention to suppress or kill the unwanted Bacteria growing is a problem. So antibiotic doesn't have any animosity but we have the intention to kill and there is no place for terms like Compassion and unconditional love in this situation.

Taking Antibiotics 8 years 11 months ago #1206

@Neelima

You are absolutely right.

Let us see in the below perception.

At first place the bacteria or virus was put inside by us, then if we see the suffering caused because of the first action, having anti-biotic is the repenting for the first action. This is at the awareness level.

At conscious level - At first place if compassion and unconditional love existed, "I" will not suffer and the bacteria and virus will be at it's own place where it was free and happy, at the same time the body will be at it's own place without any trouble. At this stage the question of ani-biotic doesn't even come into picture, because everything is in perfect state.

If the compassion and unconditional love was not there initially and if we try to develop it in between, it doesn't stop the effect of the first action (adding bacteria or virus). So if the compassion and unconditional love is developed after the bacteria and virus is already in the body, then the effect of putting them inside is going to show up (body will get affected), but the only thing which will not exisit is suffering of the "I" because "I" will not exisit when there is unconditional love. Here anti-biotic is not required eventhough it exisits. This was the state Ramana Maharishi. He developed the unconditional love in between, but it didn't stop the body to get affected because of his past actions, but the "I" in Ramana Maharishi didn't suffer.

Hope I didn't confuse you :-)

Taking Antibiotics 8 years 11 months ago #1207

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Muthu

Got it.

Taking Antibiotics 8 years 11 months ago #1210

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Muthu

I was just thinking about this process of giving importance to higher species and eradicating lower organisms like you gave the example of Weeds or Water therapy or Castor oil cleansing or cleaning our home or surroundings or removing the garbage etc where many micro organisms are being killed unknowingly.

Are we just being forced to do these jobs since we have to live in this world with this human form and manage things in healthy and efficient manner?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries