Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
Does right and wrong, good and bad matter?
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Engaging kids 8 years 8 months ago #1369

• neelima
  • neelima's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
What are the best options for kids to spend their time during vacations instead of playing with electronic gadgets or watching TV?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Engaging kids 8 years 8 months ago #1379

@Neelima

Simple, don't have TV or gadgets in home :-)

When we don't have TV and gadgets and obviously the kids will find something else to get engaged. This will also make the parents to spend more time with the kids which in turn makes the parents and kids relationship healthy.

Or have TV in home and don't have cable connection. Have a DVD player, so that you can decide what to see, instead of you are controlled by the TV channels to see what they have to show.

Gadgets is the similar way of TV. Have the instrument and try to use it in a way you want to use instead of the getting dictated by others.

Good luck with your vacation :-)

Engaging kids 8 years 8 months ago #1384

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Muthu

1. I feel Parents spending more time with the kids teaching them about good values indirectly through narrating stories or talking to them about some deep concepts by bringing ourselves to their level.

2. Engage them in playing indoor games like Carom board, Chess, Snake & ladder.

3. If the climate is good, taking them to parks and spend some time out doors playing Tennis, bicycling.

4. Occupy them in playing some classical musical instruments or Singing or Dancing and enjoying it together with the family would also be a good idea.

Any more such ideas to help our kids move away from these electronic devices would be helpful.

Engaging kids 8 years 8 months ago #1385

@Neelima

There are so many ways to keep the child engaged. But at the same time a parent shouldn't make the child to depend on the parents to play each and everything. So introduce some activities where they can spend some time alone like drawing, writing, dancing etc.,

An effective way to keep them busy and getting work done is getting them involved in house hold activities, so that they know what is happening in home etc.,During this there are so much teach the kid and chance for lot of conversations.

Engaging kids 8 years 8 months ago #1391

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Muthu

You are right.Thank you.
Also allowing them to play with their friends indoors and outdoors would be good. Making them to read would the best provided they have interest for reading.

Engaging kids 8 years 8 months ago #1394

@Neelima

Playing is always good for kids. They learn a lot while playing. After the play if parents can guide them to contemplate and connect what happened during the play, it helps to increase the awareness of the kids.

Reading is good for kids. It is a very good habit to develop.

I was trying this out with my 5 year old daughter yesterday. We both were alone and spent 4 hrs together yesterday evening. There was no TV or gadgets involved. We literally spoke for 4 hrs about various things and it is amazing to see how much a kid can talk about. The 4 hrs went like 4 minutes because we were both involved so much in talking. During the talk I was helping myself and her in connecting to various other subjects from the talk. It was a very quality time. I'm going to continue this often.

Thanks for bringing up this topic.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries