Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
what is Reborn?.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Karma and Re birth 9 years 3 months ago #1012

• radha
  • radha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
1) Is chanting "om nama shivaya" and the mantra given by one's guru having the same effect? which is better? are both the same? only concentration matters?

2) If everything is governed by SAl energy and past and present life's karma phala. Then what is the role of a guru? Why should people pray to guru? is it just to raise one's sal energy or is there much more benefit in praying to a guru?

3) What will happen to people on the road side who are handicapped or sick and on top of that beggars? They do not know what is sal energy or what is karma phala? Who will help them overcome their present condition and make them lead better lives? I have seen beggars committing crimes. Already their sal energy is low and that's why they are beggars. On top of that, they still keep reducing their sal energy by committing crimes and earning bad karma.
Is there an end to their misery at any time? will they, at any time, be able to come out of ignorance? when people like me, inspite of receiving so much satsang find it difficult to alter my thinking and life style, what will these poor people do, they don't have any knowledge and they don't have anyone to guide them along the right path.

4) In hinduism, i find people giving so much importance to pitru karma or ancestral worship. In christianity I don't find anything like that. all they do is to offer a simple prayer now and then and that's all. Even in hinduism, there are some sects in villages which do not offer any thithi even for the first one year. all they do is to do the rituals for the first 15 days on someone passing away and then offer a simple prayer on the first year death anniversary of the person.

what happens to such souls? are they able to get entry into their other world or they keep wandering without any place to go?

in brahmins, atleast, tamil brahmins, i find most of them doing homa on the thithi day every month for the first one year and then do thithi on amavasya thereafter. What happens to the departed souls if such thithis are not done. Do they evolve in creation or not? do they get stuck without getting a next life?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Karma and Re birth 9 years 3 months ago #1014

@Radha
1.It is the concentration that matters.

2. Guru is the one who will guide us into the right path and help us realize the "Truth". Without Guru we will still be in ignorance only.

3.I think they will but after many more births.

Re: Karma and Re birth 9 years 3 months ago #1018

@Radha

Question 1 - Purpose of chanting is more important than meaning of mantras. If by chanting we understand the purpose and go towards that purpose then any word will become mantra. Check this link for more details. www.uni5.co/index.php/en/forum/22-astrology/496-reading-mantras if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Question 2 - Guru's only job description is to help the disciples to understand and develop the awareness in them. This is similar to your last post about correcting the children. As a guru the limit is to make the disciple understand, but the realization need to be done by the disciple alone. A Guru's job is done when the disciple stops coming back to Guru to ask questions (Assuming the ideal situation when the disciple understand the message and goes for realization).

Below is a quote about success of a teacher/guru
"The greatest sign of success for a teacher... is to be able to say, "The children are now working as if I did not exist." - Maria Montessori

Question 3 - In reality everybody are beggars. Praying for SAL energy is also begging. When we see a beggar and we realize that they need something, and if we don't offer them during that time then we are the one who is actually loosing the SAL evergy, it is not them. Yes there is an end to this misery, this happens when we increase our own awareness and see them as one of us. Below is the quote from Mahathma Gandhi - "WE NEED TO BE THE CHANGE WE WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD".

Question 4 - This is a very good topic about the pitru bali. Here it can be explained with an example.

When you WANT to insert a nail in a wall, you use a HAMMER and then keep it on the side because the job is done. After sometime if you want to drill a hole, you use a DRILLING MACHINE and keep it on the side because the job is done. We keep changing the tools based on the NEEDS. When you DON'T have any more NEEDS, then you don't use any tool.

Here if we compare with us, our body is the HAMMER which is being used to perform certain job which we WANTED. Once the job is done the body is put to rest which we called DEATH. But when we WANT to perform some more action then we use DRILLING MACHINE (Rebirth). This will keep continuing to use different tools unless the sense of NEED comes to an end. Pitru Bali is done in order to attain this sense of DON'T WANT means there is nothing to do.

When we do Pitru bali, we need to understand the purpose instead of getting stuck with the methodology. The methodology need to be used initially to understand the purpose, after that we need to go into path of realizing this purpose.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Re: Karma and Re birth 9 years 3 months ago #1019

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
Adding some more to what Muthu has explained.

question 2.

Prayer to Guru means a request, a sankalpa. Praying to guru and god is the same. The results come from both as a loan, which we ultimately have to pay back.
Guru's initial role is to help a student to increase SAL Energy and fulfill desires at the same time gives knowledge whether to use it for the final liberation. Like we ask children to put coins in a piggy bank to buy toys and at same time make the child to understand use it for his own education.

3. Beggars also will have contemplation and raise their awareness about their pitiable situation. That will help to get a better life time next. But they cannot completely change in this life time because they have such low sal energy and top of that they dont want to work and remain lazy.

Even the rich now, can become beggars next time due to depletion of sal energy.

4. Doing pitru bali is a two way benefit. They donate energy to people doing pitru bali and get a punya karma to be born soon as a human to fulfill their desires.

Any one doing pitru pooja has a choice to do the ritual just to get the donated SAL energy or pray for their increased awareness while they are born.

The soul has no religion.

For one year alone any soul will depend on the family. After that they accept any one's offering irrespective of caste, creed, religion, atheist or theist.

So if the family does not do, they lose the benefit of doing good actions and receiving energy. Then whoever does that will receive even from unrelated members.

Re: Karma and Re birth 9 years 3 months ago #1021

• radha
  • radha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
At this stage of my evolvement, I feel i will only get more confused by too many people's views. I seem to be putting in lot of effort even to understand one view. I'm not sure if i will be able to take multiple views.

Mostly i find all of them expressing the same view in a different way. But what i require is specific answers to specific queestions of mine. That will really help than a generalised reply or view.

Can any one be specific to my questions?

Re: Karma and Re birth 9 years 3 months ago #1022

@ Radha - I really wish everyone gets the answer specific to their questions :cheer: , it would be wonderful. Of course there will be various answers from individuals, because we are all unique and have unique perceptions.

Below are my answers to your questions from my perception.

Q1. Both the mantras will have the same effect. Purpose is more important.

Q2. Guru's only purpose is to transfer knowledge and help the disciple to increase his/her own awareness.

Q3. It is very hard to justify that beggars has low SAL energy and others has high. But the solution to end this misery is to increase our own awareness. When we increase our awareness level we stop judging others. Then we will not see any misery. Misery and Happiness are in our own perception.

Q4. Every soul's destination is to evolve to the final stage, so none of them get stuck in between. They will be given infinite chances to evolve. The minimum mark needed in this exam of evolution is 100%. The practice or rituals of ancestral worship are different in different religion, but they are there.

Hope the answers are to the point.

Last edit: by Uni5.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries