• Page:

TOPIC:

Matrix Movies Symbolism 9 years 7 months ago #399

• Uni5
  • Uni5's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
This is about the Awareness Consciousness conveyed in the movies symbolically.
There are some list of articles in the web site on Matrix movies (The Matrix, Matrix reloaded and Matrix Revolutions).

We can start here fresh discussion of how the matrix movies can help us to understand Awareness.

This book quoted in Journal of Religion and Film .

Notes quoated in other symbolism

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Uni5.

Re: Matrix Movies Symbolism 9 years 7 months ago #401

"In the end, Truth finds you instead of you finding the Truth". How will we experience this?

Re: Matrix Movies Symbolism 9 years 7 months ago #408

Wow...Matrix..the only film which I have watched so many times and still interested to watch. Thanks to Sakthi Foundation for making me addict to this :-)

Don't know where to start, but would like to start how our hero Neo was introduced (Sleeping) and waking up with something happening on the computer monitor!!!!!,

Have you heard anyone waking up because something which is happening on a computer monitor which doesn't make a any noise?

What made our hero to wake up?

Last edit: by Uni5.

Re: Matrix Movies Symbolism 9 years 7 months ago #409

Wow, good point...
I am yet to watch this movie but just understood the movie very clearly through the book itself. Need to watch the Matrix movies soon...

Re: Matrix Movies Symbolism 9 years 7 months ago #415

• Uni5
  • Uni5's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
Analogy is a great tool in education from time immemorial. Images of Vishnu and Shiva and other God's have been used to point at the Abstract concepts of Cosmic Intelligence and Awareness. Unfortunately over time we have kept the images in mind and forgot what they represent. Example Vishnu represents Cosmic Intelligence, and like our intelligence will solve problems whenever confusion arises. Like our intelligence takes position in problems,is symbolically shown as Vishnu taking Avatars . So when we look at Rama and Krishna and Venkateswara beyond the physical form we understand the real purpose of the knowledge the deity conveys to us.

Every action starts with a thought. Our birth occured because of the thought of our parents, birth of a country happens when one or few people thought about it. Same way a company, school, innovation etc all manifested due to thought. Same way there was an idea that gave the birth of Universe. This is symbolically shown as baby Vishnu who represent, a small innocent thought - who am I?), lying on a banyan leaf sucking his own toes. Toes represents dissipation of Energy. Banyan Leaf here represents time, because banayan tree is huge but starts from a tiny tiny scale, like time. So time, plus Consciousness and Energy manifest as creation. (Reference - Journey to the Source page- 186).

When people took the physical forms literally and branded as Hindu God, they miss the science behind it. This reminds of the Sufi's proverb, "An idiot looks at the finger pointing the moon".

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries