• Page:

TOPIC:

Maya 9 years 7 months ago #402

• neelima
  • neelima's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
How will we take the help of 'Maya'? It is the one which prevents us from knowing that we all come from one source but at the same time helps those who seek truth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Maya 9 years 7 months ago #407

Before seeing how Maya can help or obstruct, I think it will be more essential to learn and understand the below

1. What is Maya?
2. Who created Maya?

If we know the answer for the above questions, then we can see how we can use them to seek the truth.

Re: Maya 9 years 6 months ago #410

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Maya is the energy aspect of Brahman portrayed as feminine form.So Consciousness and energy form i.e. Maya are the two aspects of the same reality depicted as Vishnusakthi or vishnumaya.Vedic mythology describes sibling relationship between energy aspect of consciousness and the Pure consciousness.

Maya assumes the form of sakthi as energy for the creation of the universe and also assumes the form of Kaali i.e. energy for the dissolution of the universe.

Maya i.e. the energy aspect of Consciousness is also created by the Pure consciousness only.

Re: Maya 9 years 6 months ago #417

@Neelima

You really confused me :-), I'm not pretty good in the vedic terms.

You have used the below terms
1. Brahman
2. Consciousness
3. Maya
4. Pure Consciousness

So which is the ONE here?

Re: Maya 9 years 6 months ago #418

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Muthu
Sorry to confuse you.

The "ONE" which is non dual is the "Supreme Consciousness",or the "Brahman" or the "Pure consciousness"or Consciousness.Everything is the same "ONE".

"Maya" is the energy aspect of this Consciousness. This tricks us and keeps us away from knowing the truth.

For an example, a rope is mistaken as a Snake in the dark or a tree is mistaken as a thief in the dark.This is the false projection of Maya which even becomes dangerous for us.Similarly our blissful Self is falsely projected to be living in a false world and experiencing the sufferings.

But it is also only this "Maya" that can help us to know our SELF i.e."Self-realization".

Re: Maya 9 years 6 months ago #420

@Neelima

As you rightly said the ONE can be referred with various terms, so let us not get entangled with the terms.

Yes, Maya is the energy aspect of the ONE.

But the basic definition of energy is "It can neither be created nor destroyed, but can transform". So it means it always exists. Based on this definition Maya means it doesn't have birth or death. Isn't this sound as the same definition of the ONE :ohmy: hmmmmm !!!!, so what exactly is Maya????? B)

I would rephrase Maya as "Manifestation Energy" (Transforming) aspect of the ONE.

If we take the above definition of Maya as Manifestation Energy aspect, how can it obstruct "US" from knowing the truth. Because "WE" (I'm referring to the individual character) are also a manifestation aspect of the "ONE"??? :woohoo:

Isn't it amazing, Maya (WE) calling Maya (US) as hurdle to know the truth :P . But this is the actual answer to know the truth :lol: . Once we understand and realize the individual character which we refer as "I, We, Us, You, Me etc" is the major obstacle then the entire manifestations merges together and become "I" the "ONE". :cheer:

Last edit: by Uni5.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries