TOPIC:

Re: Maya 9 years 7 months ago #422

• neelima
  • neelima's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
@Muthu
Yes, The Universe is nothing but a play of energy and Maya is the same energy depicted in the female form (shakthi). It is also the same energy i.e. the Consciousness which creates, maintains and destroys the universe. It is all "ONE".

Right, we are also the same energy/ consciousness and every other thing we see is also the same consciousness i.e. the "ONE".Once we realize this then there is no difference between I, you and all other beings and things in the universe.

"Maya" is obstructing "US", because we started looking at everything around us as different from "US", and that is the feeling of "I" and "Mine" are the obstacles in knowing the "Truth"

So, as we realize that everything is only ONE i.e. the Supreme consciousness, then there is no more role of "Maya" left to be played.The Truth will itself be clear to us and there won't be any more power of illusion/ Maya left to cover the Truth or project the World falsely through our mind before us.

No more "Maya"...Brahman is only "ONE" i.e. "Brahmam okate, para brahman okkate, para brahman okkate" song composed by Sri Annamacharya. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Maya 9 years 7 months ago #424

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
If we look at sanskrit dictionary for the word "Maya", it says - as "measured". Maya does not mean illusion but measure the un-measureable Consciousness, in finite forms of BMIAC. This creates suffering. Realization relieves suffering.

Last edit: by Uni5.

Re: Maya 9 years 7 months ago #425

@Neelima

In "MY" perception Maya never obstructs us because this Maya was created by us who in turn is also Maya.

I would recommend you watching couple of movies where this concept is shown nicely.
1. Matrix
2. Inception

This is like staying in a room and claiming the room is obstructing me from seeing the house. How can this happen, because I'm already in the room which in turn is in the house. So all we need to do is to enjoy the stay in the room and in turn enjoy the house.

You can always have the picture of house in your room to remind that you are always in the house, but don't get indulged with the picture, because it is just a mere picture:-)

So we are in the room called Maya which is in the house Truth. If we need to realize the truth, all we need to do is understand that we are already in the truth and enjoy and appreciate the stay with the thought we are in the truth always. This is the way we can use Maya to realize the Truth. (Accept and Surrender)

This stay is needed unless an individual exists.

Re: Maya 9 years 7 months ago #428

• neelima
  • neelima's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
@Muthu & @Admin

As per Swetaswetharam upanishad- "Mayanthu prakritim vidyat Mayinanthu maheswaram" Maya is Prakriti and it is in the control of the supreme Lord Maheshwara i.e. Brahman.

As you rightly said, we should not indulge too much into the picture...

Similarly another example to make ourselves clear,
we are safe till we are sailing our boat on water by just being aware of our surroundings i.e.We are happy when we are aware of BMIAC but Once we allow the water to get into our boat i.e. once we get too much involved with the BMIAC in finite forms as our own selves suffering starts as our admin rightly said.

So I now understand Awareness and realization is the answer to know the "Truth".
Thanks for clarifying

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries