• Page:

TOPIC:

Vishnu 9 years 7 months ago #403

• neelima
  • neelima's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Lord "Vishnu" is the representation of Brahman or the One consciousness but it is also mentioned that we should not assume the physical vishnu as man or physical object.Though we have the practical evidences of Vishnu as Lord krishna, Rama or even lord venkateshwara life stories in the puranas, how can we ignore the physical forms of Lord?

Another question here is why, Vishnu himself has started thinking "Who am I" on banyan leaf, when he is the "Consciousness"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Vishnu 9 years 7 months ago #406

@Neelima

It is like before going to shopping, we make a list of items to be bought from the store, until we buy them the item exists only in the list form, but after the item comes into our basket, the list becomes void.

Unless we don't have a need to go back to store we are fine, but if we end up going to store again, then the list comes in action. So the list (physical form) is needed only until we get the reality. if we keep the list even after getting the items from the store, then it is going to use extra space and needs energy from us for it's maintenance.

There can only be ONE either VISHNU or BRAHMAN or CONSCIOUSNESS. If we have 2 or more of them then there will always be confusion. If a personality exists as Vishnu then it becomes duality and Vishnu need to undergo the regular cycle of any other individual character. These characters are considered as avatar because when they go through this cycle as a cycle, they never forget who they are.

Hope I confused you more :-) ha ha ha

Re: Vishnu 9 years 7 months ago #411

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yes, this time you really confused me.
I know Vishnu is the ONE and has taken 10 different avatars to fight the evil and bring peace and happiness.

Re: Vishnu 9 years 7 months ago #412

Great, my mission accomplished by creating confusion :-)

"Vishnu" or "Shiva" are just the label for the "ONE". Remove the label and see it, if you keep looking label or brand name, you will not enjoy the product behind the brand name.

It is like wearing a branded T-shirt with it's logo printed big on the front. If you keep enjoying the feeling about the brand name when are you going to enjoy the t-shirt.

Everyone goes for it because they wanted to show they wear the branded t-shirt. But if they go with the same t-shirt to a place where the brands didn't do marketing, it will be just a t-shirt with a weird design on it.

So consumers like us need to decide whether we need brand or t-shirt.

Last edit: by Uni5.

Re: Vishnu 9 years 7 months ago #414

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
Analogy is a great tool in education from time immemorial. Images of Vishnu and Shiva and other God's have been used to point at the Abstract concepts of Cosmic Intelligence and Awareness. Unfortunately over time we have kept the images in mind and forgot what they represent. Example Vishnu represents Cosmic Intelligence, and like our intelligence will solve problems whenever confusion arises. Like our intelligence takes position in problems,is symbolically shown as Vishnu taking Avatars . So when we look at Rama and Krishna and Venkateswara beyond the physical form we understand the real purpose of the knowledge the deity conveys to us.

Every action starts with a thought. Our birth occured because of the thought of our parents, birth of a country happens when one or few people thought about it. Same way a company, school, innovation etc all manifested due to thought. Same way there was an idea that gave the birth of Universe. This is symbolically shown as baby Vishnu who represent, a small innocent thought - who am I?), lying on a banyan leaf sucking his own toes. Toes represents dissipation of Energy. Banyan Leaf here represents time, because banayan tree is huge but starts from a tiny tiny scale, like time. So time, plus Consciousness and Energy manifest as creation. (Reference - Journey to the Source page- 186).

When people took the physical forms literally and branded as Hindu God, they miss the science behind it. This reminds of the Sufi's proverb, "An idiot looks at the finger pointing the moon".

Re: Vishnu 9 years 7 months ago #416

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Muthu and @Admin
Thanks for clarifying.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries