• Page:

TOPIC:

Gestational diabetes 8 years 1 month ago #1727

• Uni5
  • Uni5's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
I am 4 months pregnant and I have early gestational diabetes. I am supposed to eat lots of protein and hard to digest food to keep my sugar levels down. However I have severe gas problems - become very bloated, very sour
burps, burning oesophagus and feel horrible with no intention to eat
in the evenings.Can you please help me on how to manage this with diet

Naturally when you eat too much wrong with all wrong combinations, indigestion and gas will occur. According to Ayurveda, indigestion is not a wastage of food, but is a feed for bad bacteria which generates gas and toxic products (Aama) which will causes diseases in the body. Gas is bad in pregnancy because this will cause several allergies and diseases in the growing child. Modern science is just starting to understand the importance of Gut bacteria and Health .

Please follow the tips in Gestational diabetes in this link.

Proteins are not the solution for diabetes control. Carbohydrates are the problem in diabetes also. Carbohydrates in whole foods are the best solution.

What I am doing :
I drink 1 litre of water every day in the morning. ( i have bowel
movements after this)
I walk from anywhere to half hour to 1 and half hours

The above are very good.

Here is my diet : I eat every 2 hours
1. quinoa + greek yoghurt
2. boiled peanuts or pears or soy milk and honey
3. fish / keerai etc with white rice or quinoa
4. soya milk with raw honey
5. rice with curry

The above diet does not sound healthy.

Any spices, herbs, diet suggestions ( especially for the evening ).
What should I change. Please help me

Soak brown rice and eat with greens and lots of vegetables (less rice). Quinoa soak and eat, but dont use store yogurt. Make yogurt at home with Indian yogurt culture (not the slimy yogurt). Use lot of brown channa or black channa. Soak and pressure cook and garnish with ginger and garlic.

Fish is not really needed, unless you have a severe liking for it. Soy milk is also not really needed.

Dont eat every two hours. Eat when you are hungry. Use more ginger in your food prep. Even in yogurt, put fresh smashed ginger and cumin seeds. This way your indigestion and gas will be not seen and your sugar will be controlled.

Let me know how this helps in a few weeks time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gestational diabetes 8 years 1 month ago #1728

• Uni5
  • Uni5's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
I am supposed to eat 70 gm of protein in a day to support the growing child. Is this really true for pregnant ladies ?

These calculated eating is really not needed if you eat all different grains and all different types of lentils and beans. See our Food section for recipes and details . Please look at pregnancy care also.

Try to increase all different types of vegetables and less of rice.

Please Listen to these talks on health. it will change your perspective. There are English, tamil and malayalam talks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Uni5.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries