• Page:

TOPIC:

Do non-living things have soul? 7 years 7 months ago #1820

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
A question from a 12 year old child.

If God is everywhere, does it mean that even non-living things have souls and life?

From the word non-living things, you know that they dont have life. A living thing will have the ability to get energy, change energy and use energy. A bacteria, plant, animal and human are all living beings because we can get energy like food, then break it down (digestion) and then use that energy for doing an action.

Non-living cannot get, change or use energy.

Does Non-living things have souls
Yes non-living thing has soul.
1. If soul means to "Exist (being in present)", then non-living beings do exist in time and space.
2. If soul means "Something that can give life", then non-living materials like water, minerals, air can give life and that is how all living beings are made of. Then yes non-living has soul.
3. If soul means "Something of the essence of a reality like Consciousness or God", then yes non-living things like living things has soul which is the that same essence of God or Consciousness.

Conclusion: A soul means something that exist and if cannot get, change and use Energy, then will be a non-living soul. If a soul can change energy, then it is a living soul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do non-living things have soul? 7 years 7 months ago #1821

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
What about things like chair, table etc. how will you call these living things? According to science, these are non-living things because they do not eat, breathe or move.

Does things like chair, table etc. have feelings?
Will they feel pain when we sit on them
?

A living tree's wood when made as a furniture, becomes dead and will not have feeling of pain or pleasure. What makes pain and pleasure or feelings to be felt?. That aspect is what we call as Self-Awareness, the "I" identity. When the tree was living it had the "I": feeling. A wood does not have the "I" Self -Awareness and so it does not feel anything. It is the "I" that experience pain and pleasure and all other feelings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries