Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Soaking and cooking 6 years 8 months ago #1973

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1. I do soaking and sprouting grains, nuts, etc . Can I use the soaked water or shall I discard. I used to use it earlier, but now discarding after I came to know that phytic acids remains in water.

Only through a holistic view we understand the complete Truth. Soaked water will contain digested phytic acids and also several minerals and nutrients and so good to use it.

Read about phytate in this. .

Will adding fenugreek seeds be helpful while soaking, since it creates yeast and fermentation happens while soaking. And neutralizes phytates.

Fenugreek has not just yeast but many biotics. You cannot add to all fenugreek. Best is to add to idli's and dosa batter. There use the same water and forget about digested phytic acids.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Soaking and cooking 6 years 8 months ago #1975

Why cannot we add fenugreek seeds for all. Why should they be added only for idli and dosa batter. I add them even while I soak rice to cook only rice. Again I also add them to ferment the cooked rice. Is it ok?

Soaking and cooking 6 years 8 months ago #1976

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
Not a problem to add fenugreek in rice, if you can handle the bitterness.

But I wont still add fenugreek to all food prepration because then you wont get a mix of different bacterial species (only those from fenugreek will be more).

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries