TOPIC:

Aware full I and the real I 9 years 1 week ago #1179

• neelima
  • neelima's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
@Muthu

So the projection of the intelligence, mind and body are unreal in this life/show. The real in this life/show is the awareful "I" and the "I". The only real is the "I" (Dancer/consciousness).

Is it about this Consciousness as the SELF that Shri Ramana maharshi is talking about?
"Hridaya Kuhara Madhye Kevalam BrahmaMaatram
Hyahamahamiti Saakshaat Aatma Rupenena Bhati"

Please clarify the concept of Aware full I in terms of Soul/Atma/Jeevatma.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by neelima.

Aware full I and the real I 9 years 1 week ago #1180

@Neelima

Every Acharyas/RELIGION identifies the same Consciousness with different terms SELF, ONE, BRAHMAN, ATMAN Eetc.,

The meaning of the terms can be different for individuals based on their perception, for example the terms like JOB & DUTY. This is the beauty of Consciousness, everyone can percieve in their own way, but it all leads to the same consciousness.

Below is my perception for your question.

Soul/Atma is the Real "I" because they don't change and doesn't take rebirth.

Jeevatma is the Aware Ful "I" because Atma which has Jeeva. From my perception when something HAS something it means it is conditional, so I see the Jeevatma as an expansion (conditional form) of Parmatma. This conditional Jeevatma takes rebirth.

Others might think Soul/Atma/Jeevatma as the same, they are also correct in their perception. It doesn't matter what terms they use, it matters what they refer to.

My perception on TERMS

Terms are the net woven to get trapped in the intellectual state and keep justifying that my terms are better than others. An individual need to be smart enough to use the terms accordingly or when they listen to terms they need to see from the teller's percepective to understand others. Then the justification stops and the individual can come out of this trap. For example terms like Honda, Toyota, BMW, Benz, Ford, GM etc are brands for car. But all these terms refer to CAR. Every car can be driven to the same destination when driven in the right direction. These terms has the traps hidden in them which is PRIDE, LUXURY, COMPARISON etc., So if the owner or driver look them as a car and doesn't get indulged in the TERMS, then he/she will be out of the trap.

We all think we have a common language like English, Tamil, Telugu etc., but in reality every individual has a different meaning for the words used in these languages. For example an english word DONKEY can be percieved as an animal or a cursing word. It all depends on the receiver's perception.

CAUTION : These TERMS are the traps which are woven to lock an individual in the intelligence which leads people to justifying others.

ONCE AGAIN THE ABOVE IS JUST A PERCEPTION FROM MY DIRECTION.

Aware full I and the real I 9 years 1 week ago #1181

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
Dear Neelima
As Muthu beautifully pointed about the limitations of the words, the forms is also limitations or can be measured (Maya).

Maya does not mean not existent, but measured (big confusion about the word). Body and mind and intelligence are unreal (Maya-measured) and Brahman - Consciousness is only real (unmeasured).

When we identify to the body and mind like we are illusioned (like the shadow play of movies). The reality is only Consciousness, but with our identification we identify with the measureable and not to the unmeasured.

Ramana maharishi says , that Self-Consciousness is the Hyridaya. Again heart or hridya term is misused. Hear means the core, the center on which everything id build or formed, without which everything collapses.

It is not the physical heart, look everyone when they say "I", they dont touch their head, or the left side of the heart, but to the center of the ribs, the core of the human body. When we sit in suhasana then this point is the center of our body.

We are referring to the "I" to the core , the center, the Hridya, the Self, the Consciousness.

Ramana Maharishi says though it is only Consciousness is the ONLY reality, meaning nothing exists, including the "I" we all pointing to... is only to that the reality. All others are just words and forms. We are carried away by words and forms (measurable - Maya).

He says, how do we know the Truth, he tells in the penultimate verse, through inquiry (intellectual understanding)..or as a surrender, means there is no "I" , there is no my wish, but one wish of the Consciousness (if at all).

But he says dont be at intellectual understanding level, "Be it", unconditional in always (control of breathe - Air- Awareness of individual I)

so in in the final verse he says Yoga (unify - Uni5), when we take all as only One, no second, till then this understanding intellectually persists. We are already "that", but we intellectually talk about it. When there is no separation in maanasa, vacha karmana (though, speach and action), we abide in the Self.

Aware full I and the real I 9 years 5 days ago #1183

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@ Muthu

Thank you so much for clarifying the fundamental concepts.

@Sakthi

Thanks for the wonderful explanation but still the unreal Maya is dominating.It's a pity...

But he says dont be at intellectual understanding level, "Be it", unconditional in always (control of breathe - Air- Awareness of individual I)

Please elaborate on being Unconditional. Is it giving equal importance to everybody, performing actions with no selfish desires at Body, Mind and Intelligence levels?

How do we get to "Be it" from Intellectual understanding? How can we experience the Unmeasured?

Please elaborate the following too.
"When there is no separation in maanasa, vacha karmana (thought, speach and action), we abide in the Self."

Aware full I and the real I 9 years 3 days ago #1186

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
How do we get to "Be it" from Intellectual understanding? How can we experience the Unmeasured?
In everything we intellectualize things. Example, driving a car, I used to think, driving a car is easier than riding a bycycle, because i had a hard time balancing the cycle while trying to ride it. I intellectualize that in car you dont have the balancing problem, as it is just turning the steering wheel to the side you want to.

But unless I get into the car seat and drive, I will not have the experience but only live and die with the intellectual understanding. Same way we intellectualize the "un-conditionality", until we actually practice it.

Simple example is to do our duties (Dharma) without bothering the un-comfortness of the body, likes and dis-likes (bored) of mind in doing the action, not bringing the intellectual justification to avoid doing the duties, and thinking about the personal benefits of doing it at the awareness level. If we could do duties at all four levels, naturally we will abide in the fifth unconditional state.

Is it giving equal importance to everybody, performing actions with no selfish desires at Body, Mind and Intelligence levels?
This is nish-kaama (no benefits for the body, mind, intelligence, awareness)

Please elaborate the following too.
"When there is no separation in manasa, vacha karmana (thought, speach and action), we abide in the Self.
"

At Mind level (Manasa), Vaacha (speech) and karmana (Action), if there is only the attitude to do actions without personal benefits, we see the beauty of the action.

Is that possible?. Will there a joy in it doing actions without personal benefits? Yes, we are trained to do things only out of benefits, but greater is in doing actions without the thought of the benefits........An simple analogy..., I saw a child was reading a story book just to get a sticker from the teacher. Yes sticker gives joy....but there is several fold joy in reading and enjoying the story for the child apart from getting the sticker.....

we are all like this child doing every action for a sticker (dollar bill only)......

Last edit: by Uni5.

Aware full I and the real I 9 years 2 days ago #1189

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Sakthi

Thanks for the explanation but I still feel the answer I am looking for is incomplete.May be, need to work more on performing unconditional actions at all the four levels i.e. 100% to experience the SELF.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries