Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Identifying our intuition 8 years 6 months ago #1510

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
How can we get guidance from our Self? How to recognize that inner voice and what the inner self wants us to perform? In which form will it guide? I mean, will it guide through some book or guru or TV or any other person or thing form?

Is it by freeing oneself from unnecessary thoughts and staying at peace? But as individuals we are always engaged in actions, so how can we be able to listen to our Awareness? Please guide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Identifying our intuition 8 years 6 months ago #1511

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
How can we get guidance from our Self?
Our Self is constantly guiding us. But we have the Ego guiding in its own way. Like a parent and child. Like the parent our inner Self gives right guidance, but the Ego has its own likes and dislikes and do not want to take the guidance.

How to recognize that inner voice and what the inner self wants us to perform?

If the guidance from the inner voice removes fear (Abhaya), gives peace (Shanthi) to us, then it is the right one. If you see the symbolic pictures of Self depicted as God, the mudras (hand gestures) will be showing no fear and have peace.

Our Self wants us to witness the actions performed and keep the Ego in check from taking the ownership of the actions.

In which form will it guide? I mean, will it guide through some book or guru or TV or any other person or thing form? In whatever form we like. This means we are constantly given guidance, but we do not recognize it because of the Ego's chattering voice. Example, the clock ticking constantly but we do not hear it because of all the other sounds. In the night when all sounds are gone, we clearly hear the ticking sound. Same way when our Ego sounds drops then we hear the guidance. This is the purpose of mouna-vratham or silence fasting. It should not be literally taken not to speak our words, but stop speaking the inner words of Ego.

Is it by freeing oneself from unnecessary thoughts and staying at peace? Yes we waste so much of our talents in unnecessary thoughts and actions. To be Selftual means, to be concerned only out our Self. This is different from being Selfish. To be Selftual means do not do anything to please others for name or fame or gain. Do with a joy as you would do to yourself.Do not try to fake your life for anything. Do everything for your own experience. This is being Selftual. This brings peace naturally. You are right, think only thoughts that are needed to make you happy and focused on your Self. What others think of you is not needed for you. All that matter is whether any action that you do help you to be happy. At the same time be aware of what results do come for the actions you do for yourself. Will that bring sorrow in the long run, then avoid it or do it minimal so that you can reduce or avoid the suffering.

But as individuals we are always engaged in actions, so how can we be able to listen to our Awareness? . No body can be without doing any actions. At four levels we do actions (body, mind, intelligence, awareness). At every level actions brings their own pros and cons. Higher the level, lesser the cons. So try to do actions at the higher level step by step. Then you reach a totally witnessing level.

Please guide You can discuss here till you know what, where, why, how , when and who you are seeking.

Identifying our intuition 8 years 6 months ago #1512

@Sakthi
Thank you.
Please correct me if I have any wrong understandings and kindly guide.

What I am seeking?
Truth

Where?
Right here.

Why?
This is the ultimate goal of our life and purpose of existence.

How?
Through performing actions without Ego and keep witnessing if any actions are performed with the 'I' thought.What else?

When?
In this life itself.

Who?
ONE

I assume Recognizing the inner voice, will also give the feeling of satisfaction along with abhaya and shanti?

To make myself understand, Selftual means doing actions keeping the higher self in mind.Perform actions just as a duty but not to satisfy somebody or gain something.

"Do with joy as you do it for your self?" Please clarify this.

think only thoughts that are needed to make you happy and focused on your Self. What others think of you is not needed for you. All that matter is whether any action that you do help you to be happy. At the same time be aware of what results do come for the actions you do for yourself. Will that bring sorrow in the long run, then avoid it or do it minimal so that you can reduce or avoid the suffering.

Here the "You" used is of the higher Self right?

Doing actions at Awareness level is doing actions not for making the body or mind or intelligence happy but for the benefit of the larger community?

What if we are satisfying our intelligence by gaining knowledge which is needed at the present moment for serving the community in a better way? Would that action be considered as 'Ignorant' action and wastage of our energy?

How can we differentiate actions performed between at Awareness level and Consciousness level?

Identifying our intuition 8 years 6 months ago #1520

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
What I am seeking?
Truth of myself

Where?
In myself

Why?
I exist only for me and not for anything or anyone else.

How?
Be always aware of myself only and not on actions or its outcome.

When?
Every moment

Who?
Myself.

The above is to drive the point that only Myself matters for me. But this Selftual attitude is different from being Selfish .

If these questions are asked in times of confusion, there will be clarity in making decisions with the complete understanding of the results of action that comes along with level we are identifying to as Self.

Just for arguement sake, find out, can criteria of satisfaction be used as a mean to recognize the inner voice?

Perform actions just as a duty but not to satisfy somebody or gain something. Duty means doing things that are meant to be done without the mind's likes or dislikes. At every level we have to do what is meant for our body, our mind, our intelligence for our awareness. Failure to do to one of these levels will result in sorrow. I failed then do not grieve on sorrows. This is the attitude of Self realized persons. When they did not take care of the body , they did not grieve over the disease of the body, because they identified their Self as not the body.

Like we do duties to our body, we have to do for our mind, our intelligence and also for our Self-awareness too. If not we have to accept the result of our actions. If are not prepared to accept, then do the duty.This is because no one can take our sorrow. Like everything that also belongs to us only.

While doing what is required for our intelligence and Self-Awareness, we may be criticized or ridiculed. If we then go for satisfying others, when problems come, they will not give us any compensation. We have to soley carry the burden.

Here the "You" used is of the higher Self right
? Yes.

Doing actions at Awareness level is doing actions not for making the body or mind or intelligence happy but for the benefit of the larger community? This larger community is your Self, at the higher level.

Would that action (for intelligence) be considered as 'Ignorant' action and wastage of our energy? Intelligence is also needed , the problem is when we meet its requirement alone while not doing the higher requirements.

Great thinkers have structured all these in the four levels in our life span. The young age is to do all the needs for the growing body. Balanced food, lot of physical exercise, adequate sleep. Since it is done without any expectation but as a duty (needs of that stage), then there is fun in doing all that in that age.

Then come the growth of the mind meaning to deal with the likes and dislikes we have.

Then the growth of intelligence to know everything and choose one branch of that knowing as our profession.

Then is the growth of our Self Awareness.

A wise person would do all the four growth at all times instead of completely one and starting the next. Like our body parts, all these four has to grow simultaneously, other wise we get a disfigured Self.

In Uni5 Schools, we bring the balance of all the four aspects right from baby stage. We need all the four (five) aspects in every-thing we do. Just being Aware of this five pattern will bloom the Self awareness without any effort.

How can we differentiate actions performed between at Awareness level and Consciousness level?

When we do all actions with identification of the "I" as higher self, then it is at awareness level. When one has no trace of "I" identification, then it is at Consciousness level. This is the stage of feeling even no Energy of any sort. This is when the Energy is being Consciousness.

Identifying our intuition 8 years 6 months ago #1521

@Sakthi

Thanks a lot.
Another new term to digest...

First please let me know the meaning of " How always being aware of myself only and not on actions or its outcome"
With examples please.

We are always being aware of our actions to check whether we have any Ego in our actions. Now how to be be aware of "Myself" alone?

"If these questions are asked in times of confusion, there will be clarity in making decisions with the complete understanding of the results of action that comes along with level we are identifying to as Self."

So here are we considering results of action?

Identifying our intuition 8 years 5 months ago #1528

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
First please let me know the meaning of " How always being aware of myself only and not on actions or its outcome"
With examples please.

Expectations shift our attention from witnessing the action (Aware of Self) to a state of being anxious of the results. Example, an archer shooting a arrow.If he is so much anxious of the result of hitting the target, his awareness is in the future result. With this anxiety he may not perform at his best. However, if he does with awareness to do the action well and ready to accept the results of an action, then his awareness goes to a witnessing mode of performing the action well. If anybody does actions in this state of mind of only witnessing the action, one is in the state of Self. This answers your below question

We are always being aware of our actions to check whether we have any Ego in our actions. Now how to be be aware of "Myself" alone?

"If these questions are asked in times of confusion, there will be clarity in making decisions with the complete understanding of the results of action that comes along with level we are identifying to as Self."

So here are we considering results of action?

Before doing an action if one thinks of the possible outcomes (results) of the action, then one has no surprises, meaning one accepts the possibility of all outcomes (failure or success). In the above example, the archer has many possible outcomes, either it could be success or failure or closer and farther away from target.

This analysis prepares us to accept the outcomes of the results. This way, then we can focus on doing the action and not on the results, because what is left is only to see the results in action.

These are the ways to set us free to be with our own Self, Selftual.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries