Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Identifying our intuition 8 years 5 months ago #1529

@Sakthi
Thank you.

What I understood is we do need to witness the action and I believe witnessing and being aware of the action is one and the same.

So can we say the answer for " How" as the following?

" Be always aware of myself and the actions being performed by me only accepting any possible outcomes that may arise"

We need to perform duties and satisfy Self at all the four levels.

1. Body
We need provide balanced food, physical exercise and adequate rest.

2. Mind? Dealing with likes and dislikes, what is the duty that is to be performed for the mind? Is it something like Breathing exercises and Meditation, putting ourselves in other's place and reacting during situations? Or something else?

Please correct me wherever I have not understood correctly.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Identifying our intuition 8 years 5 months ago #1539

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
1. Body
We need provide balanced food, physical exercise and adequate rest.
Correct.

2. Mind? Dealing with likes and dislikes, Correct.

3. what is the duty that is to be performed for the mind? Mind should be used as it is. The Awareness of our Self is lost when we allow the mind to dominate other faculties of intelligence, Awareness and Consciousness. When the mind dominates over other faculties it leads to biased views and we miss the Truth.

Is it something like Breathing exercises and Meditation, putting ourselves in other's place and reacting during situations? Or something else? Breathing exercises and meditation are also done at five levels. Breathing is a means to bring balance in thoughts or indirectly keep the mind in control. We physically control the flow of breath and immediately the mind comes under control.

Meditation is a mean to transcend from the mind to the awareness Self. So everyday doing physical meditation helps to be in the Self. But that alone will not help. If that is true people who are meditating for many years should have been Self realized. The physical meditation should be reflected 24 hours of transcending from the mind thoughts to the Awareness or witnessing.

In summary, just by lessening the dominating mind and making its role only at its level is the key to be self Aware. it is like the boss and the driver. The driver is the mind and boss is the Awareness. Unfortunately in most of our life, the driver decides where to drive and the boss has no control. A driver should be a driver and the boss a boss. We cannot kill the driver. The driver is needed, like the mind is needed.

Identifying our intuition 8 years 5 months ago #1543

@Sakthi
Thank you.
Nice example of Driver and Boss.

"Just for argument sake, find out, can criteria of satisfaction be used as a mean to recognize the inner voice?"

May be satisfaction criterion won't exist because when there is satisfaction there will be identification. The show will just run peacefully and we being the witness.

How about the criterion of "Abhaya", "If the guidance from the inner voice removes fear (Abhaya) then it is right one"

What are we scared of? How can the inner guidance remove the fear that we have. Please quote an example.

Identifying our intuition 8 years 5 months ago #1544

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
Please argue everything with an open mind (Samvaada) with which understanding blossoms. So feel to critically look what I write here. Like Buddha said, rub the ring on the floor to check whether it is real gold or not. Every learner has to examine the Truth of the knowledge one seeks. We assure no misunderstanding on questioning the validity or strength of the knowledge. There should be no fear of loss of relationship in Sam-vaaada. Sam-Vaada (open discussion) removes ignorance, doubts and finally fear.

can criteria of satisfaction be used Wow, you brought out a question and aptly answered it. Everyone of us has this inner knowledge that we have never tapped. No one can teach anyone, even a child, unless the individual Self-connects to one-self. We anyone says , I: understood, it means they have connected a piece of information to one of the inner levels of Self.

Open mind discussion (Sam- Vaada): This means you dont pre-filter the information and selcectively connect to one of the fiva faculties of your Self. You allow the information to fit precisely naturally without your bias, like a zigsaw puzzle fits with its proper piece. If one pre-filters (biased), then one does not understand the other person's views. This is the method of deabtes Samvaada in Bhaarth.

Many times we think the other person is wrong, when we ourself has put a filter (bias) in our taking the information to our Self. We will never understand the other person's view and remain separated from knowing the wholeness or Truth.

What are we scared of? We are scared of changes, though change is inevitable. Ask yourself what are you sacred of. example whether a food is good or bad?. Should I eat it or avoid it. One voice says, eat it, it is good. Another voice says no it is bad?. This conflict comes because of a fear. Which one removes fear?. Which change is feared that brings out a voice not to do the action. Find out which change are you scared? Please analyze.

Last edit: by Uni5.

Identifying our intuition 8 years 5 months ago #1545

@Sakthi
Thank you.

I feel even fear comes out of identity only.

When we identify ourselves to the body, we are scared whether our body or physical appearance would last forever.

When we identify with Mind we are scared if any relationship would last forever.

When we identify with intelligence we are scared if our knowledge is misused by somebody else or if there will be any other more knowledgeable person to compete with us.

If we identify with Awareness, we will just be aware of everything and be a witness of all the things going on.

So does the criterion Abhaya will also exist only when there is identification? Please correct if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Identifying our intuition 8 years 5 months ago #1546

@Sakthi
Thank you.

I feel even fear comes out of identity only.

When we identify ourselves to the body, we are scared whether our body or physical appearance would last forever.

When we identify with Mind we are scared if any relationship would last forever.

When we identify with intelligence we are scared if our knowledge is misused by somebody else or if there will be any other more knowledgeable person to compete with us.

If we identify with Awareness, we will just be aware of everything and be a witness of all the things going on.

So does the criterion Abhaya will also exist only when there is identification? Please correct if I am wrong.

Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries